Friday, October 24, 2008

Arcadia Prime: One year on...


Actually, it's one year plus on...as I totally missed my anniversary of October 8. Well, I've had 90 posts in the intervening year, which isn't so bad. A very large percentage of them were "catching up" by reformatting and posting old battle reports, so I don't know that year two will be nearly as productive. If I can manage a post or so a week, I think that will be pretty good.

Since I started making battle reports, I've done 72 of them, and they've evolved with time--from simple one page descriptions with some pictures, to now with maps, pictures, briefings and debriefings, etc. I hope to keep improving them with time.

The coming year is going to be a busy one, not the least reason being is that I'm going to be a dad for the first time... But in between diaper changes and bottle feedings, I'll hopefully be able to devote some time to gaming and painting--it'll just take more planning ahead to make it work. Already my "game room" is being dismantled to make room for a nursery, but that means I'll just have to use the garage for gaming (the upside to this is that I'll be able to break out my 9' x 5' table again!).

So in terms of the blog, what will the next year bring? I have lots of projects going on behind the scenes:

  • My Brazen Claws continue to expand, in preparation for the last battle of the Axis Columen Campaign, which will be an Apocalypse battle between my Brazen Claws and Badelaire's Necrons.
  • I'm also working on finishing up a Necron terrain piece for that battle (expect a terrain article soon)
  • A scratch built Battlefleet Gothic ship. I've had the idea in my head for a while, and I also have all the parts/bitz needed for it, I just need the time to sit down and do it!
  • An idea for a new mini-codex that I've been thinking about for a while, which will include rules, some background, and some conversions.
  • More battle reports, of course! Starting with battles 3 and 4 of the Axis Columen Campaign.
  • The most ambitious idea yet--I've been thinking about making a "sourcebook" of sorts based on the Arcadia Sector, providing background of the setting for that games my gaming group plays in, including a compilation of battle reports, campaign ideas, hobby projects, etc. This idea was inspired by the truly amazing work that the boys at Bell of Lost Souls have done with their various minidexes and campaign supplements. I can't hope to match what they've accomplished, but it will be fun to try!

Other possible things down the road include:

  • An Epic 40k battle report. I have miniatures for this game dating back to the days of Space Marine, and both Badelaire and I have been itching to give them a try.
  • A Lord of the Rings battle report. Yes, it's not 40k, but I've played it a few times and liked the game, so I thought it might be fun to do a battle report for it.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll try to keep it interesting...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 1 year! Love the battle reports.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a lord of the ring Bat. Rep.

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

Good luck with Fatherhood and the next year, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

Hey, would you drop me an email (ronsaikowski_illus@msn.com), I have a question for you and couldnt find your email address.

lone pilgrim said...

Congrats on the anniversary and good luck in the future!