Monday, April 5, 2010

Lord of the Rings Orc Army

Finally, I completed my Mordor Orc Army for The Lord of the Rings. I didn't build this army with any concern for the army list--rather, I just picked a bunch of models I liked, put them together, and came up with a company-sized warband.

The leader of the company is named Shargror, a particularly mean and surprisingly intelligent uruk, hailing from Barad-Dur itself. Several of his subordinate Black Guard followed him from his last command and now form his command group.

A selection of the core of the company, composed of Mordor Orcs and Morannon Orcs.

The Morgul Stalkers are a strange breed even among orcs--these guys provide some scouting and infiltration duties for the company before the battles, and do some assassination-style killing during the fighting.

The Orcs, frankly, don't know what to think about the two Castellans. They are regarded with a mix of respect and trepidation by the orcs--they are fearsome in battle. Shargror himself isn't sure if they were provided to him as extra punch for his company, or if they're spies for his commanders, making sure he doesn't overstep his bounds. Frankly, he doesn't care which. They take his orders, and that's enough.

And finally, the heavy hitters of the army, the three war trolls. These guys are dangerous enough on their own, but when supported by the rest of the company, they're terrifying.

3 comments:

suneokun said...

Lovely paint job ... some of your best work to date (on the fiddliest models to boot!)

Jack Badelaire said...

They shall perish in flames!

Oh wait, wrong game...

One of these days, I need to get off my lazy butt and paint up my LotR dwarfs.

Paul O'G said...

I'm a little late to the party and just starting my Orc LOTR army.
Yours is gorgeous and still inspirational 7 years on :-)