Thursday, July 16, 2009

Imperial Guard Sergeant Updates

Due to the new Imperial Guard Codex, some of the weapons options available to sergeants have been eliminated. I lamented about this development in a previous post.
My five sergeants relegated to the shelves due to their illegal armaments...

Since then I did some surgery on some of the guardsmen to bring them up to date, while others may be assuming new roles within the army.

From left to right:

  • Sergeant #1, from 1st Squad, 2nd Platoon, Alpha Company, loses his stormbolter and gets stuck with a teeny little laspistol.
  • Sergeant #2, who was originally a sergeant of a hardened veteran squad, has been promoted to a company commander, and will eventually lead a command squad of four snipers.
  • Sergeant #3, from 2nd Squad, 2nd Platoon, Alpha Company, loses his old school bolter and exchanges it for a laspistol.
  • Sergeant #4, from 3rd Squad, 1st Platoon, Bravo Company, is my "Screw you new codex!" sergeant. Despite his las-carbine being illegal, he's going to carry it anyway. If my opponent raises a stink about his illegality, then they're probably not of the mindset of the kind of player I'd want to play anyway. Since I tend only to play friendly games with friends, this isn't likely to be an issue.
  • Sergeant #5, one of my ancient hardened veteran sergeants, loses his stormbolter in favor of a bolt pistol.

Rearmed, promoted, or openly defiant of regulations, they will all continue to serve the Emperor in many battles to come.

1 comment:

Jack Badelaire said...

They are looking great. It's a real shame about IG Sargents losing the ability to carry a simple lasgun; seems to me that it goes directly against the idea of the IG army as a whole being a 40K reflection of a "real" infantry army (at least with certain builds). No real-world army I can think of would equip its sargents with what is traditionally officer-only gear; the pistol and sword combination.