Monday, April 27, 2009

Painting Slugga Boyz, Day Eleven

Painted Boltgun Metal in a heavy drybrush over the metal parts. I intentionally let some of the Tin Bitz show through so as to represent rust, etc.

Then I started finishing up one of the boyz, and when I went to do his eyes, I accidentally got some Blood Red on his left hand. Rather than touch up and fix the mistake, I decided to go with it... This particular ork just blew somebody away at close range, and got a face full of it.
Normally I don't go over the top with blood and gore on my models, but rarely, the model seems to ask for it.

3 comments:

The Inner Geek said...

Hmmm, if an Ork is covered in humie blood, does it make him go faster?

Nocturus said...

Yes.

Jack Badelaire said...

It probably makes him kill faster, too.

They're looking good. I need to get cracking on mine next week and get the rest of the boys ready to go for the summer.