Monday, May 3, 2010

Where did all the Battle Reports go?

Back in the day, I had a website where I put up my battle reports.  I had some other information up there, including some campaign rules, some pictures of my armies, and some other stuff.  But the battle reports were the website's reason for being.

In October 2007 I started this blog, and the same thing applied--the primary reason for the blog was the battle reports, with the other stuff being secondary.  At the same time I didn't want to restrict myself solely to battle reports, hence the "...and more from the 41st Millenium (and some random other stuff)" in my subtitle.

Yet since I started doing battle reports, the statistics are as follows:
  • 2001:  2
  • 2002: 14
  • 2003: 16
  • 2004: 15
  • 2005: 9
  • 2006: 1
  • 2007: 4
  • 2008: 11
  • 2009: 7
  • 2010: 2 (so far)
Clearly my heyday was in the 2002-2004 timeframe.  I only managed to put up a single battle report in 2006, but it was my biggest:  The Assault on Morkandy Beach.  That year was something of an anomaly, as there were some major changes going on in my life, and I also was working on another big project that year, which took up a lot of my time.

I started getting back into things in 2008, with a dip in 2009, due to the birth of my daughter that February.  Now in 2010, the early part of the year was very busy at work, but now it's lightened a bit, hence the recent flurry of posts on my blog.  I do hope to get to more battle reports in the future, but right now I'm waiting for Badelaire to get to work on painting his new Space Wolves army so we can feature them in a battle report. :) 
Here's an example, his Space Wolf dreadnought.  Like many of his other Space Wolves, I think he did a great job assembling it--now he just needs to paint it!

So where am I going with this post?  Basically it's an admission that the scope of my blog has changed somewhat.  I still intend to post battle reports of the games I play whenever possible, but I'll also continue to post my works-in-progress, and the random other stuff that crosses my mind concerning 40k, and rarely stuff that only peripherally touches upon 40k. (e.g., posting videos re: paintball.  How is that related to 40k?  Well, my cousin Tyrant was considering modding his paintball marker to look like a bolter...)

No comments: