Thursday, July 23, 2009

Regimental Advisors

The new Regimental Advisors are undoubtedly cool, but rather than buy the new miniatures, I decided that I would make my own. That is, use another miniature in one case, and do a minor conversion in another.

Lt. Varras from the Battle for Macragge boxed set would fit just fine for an Officer of Fleet.

For the Master of Ordnance (or as I call him, my Fire Support Officer), I took a standard guardsman, using some bits from the vehicle upgrade sprue and heavy weapons sprues, and whipped up this guy.

6 comments:

AoM said...

Those are great. They fit in nicely with the rest of your army, and they made use of what you've got instead of plunking down the cash for overpriced new metals.

Cawshis Clay said...

Clever and they look good! Very nice.

The Pilot from the Maccrage set gets a ton of mileage! I use him as an objective...you as Fleet Cmdr...I'm sure I've seem him as a sgt too!

Admiral Drax said...

I've got some similar stuff in progress - I'll post it up soon...

Warpspawn said...

Very cool, it good to see a new us for old mins

Desaster said...

I use alternative models formy advisers, too. My MoO is a conversion of the FW Kasrkin Chimera Commander, my OotF is the officer from the FW Cadian HQ and my "Astropath" is the scanner from teh same kit (I play him as a kind of homing beacon)

Darkwing said...

Thanks for the comments, guys.

@Drax
Cool, I'm curious to see what you're up to.

@Desaster
I've got the FW HQ as well, and that's a neat idea for the scanner... Maybe I'll have to give that a try.